By Rob Vogt, Local Press Writer
Christmas came early for a group of post-secondary students who all attended school in Stavely.
Leanne Watson, principal of Stavely Elementary School, presented nine $1,000 scholarships at the school’s Christmas concert on Dec. 20, on behalf of the foundation.
The winners were:
- Andrew Olsen, who is attending Lethbridge College and studying inclusive post-secondary education;
- Shelby Minnes, who is attending Lethbridge College, and studying to become a health care aide;
- Randal Hall, who is attending Lethbridge College, in his third year to become an electrician;
- Derrick Grant, who is attending the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, or NAIT in Edmonton, to become an automotive service technician;
- Sydney Cochlan, who is attending Mount Royal University in Calgary, working on a Bachelor of Science (general) degree;
- Kristina Johnson, who is attending the University of Alberta in Edmonton, and studying anthropology;
- Riley Ohler, who is attending the University of Calgary, and working on a Master of Education degree in design learning;
- Kaley Nelson, who is attending the University of Lethbridge, and working on a Bachelor of Science degree in kinesiology;
- Dalton Jones, who is attending the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, or SAIT in Calgary, and working on an Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Technology Diploma.
Two Florence A. Wilford Scholarships were also presented that evening, to Sydney Cochlan and Kristina Johnson.